2010 Chunkster Challenge… (see http://chunksterchallenge.blogspot.com/2009/12/welcome-to-challenge-2010.html)
Definition of a Chunkster:
- A chunkster is 450 pages or more of ADULT literature (fiction or nonfiction) … A chunkster should be a challenge.
- If you read large type books your book will need to be 525 pages or more … The average large type book is 10-15% longer or more so I think that was a fair estimate.
- No Audio books in the chunkster. It just doesn’t seem right. Words on paper for this one folks.
- No e-Books allowed – we are reading traditional, fat books for this challenge.
- Short Stories and Essay collections will not be counted.
- Books may crossover with other challenges
- Anyone may join. If you don’t have a blog, just leave me a comment on this post with your progress (and to let me know you are playing)
- You don’t need to list your books ahead of time.
- Once you pick a level, that’s it…you’re committed to that level
The level I have chosen is: ‘The Chubby Chunkster’. That means I have to read 3 or more books with over 450 pages. I’m only signing up for this now, & they have to be read before February 2011, so I think that will be an achievable goal!
I plan to read:
1. Shantaram (Gregory David Roberts)
2. Darksong (Isobelle Carmody)
3. The Bronze Horseman (Paullina Simons)